
Parenting is...
- Allowing your 2 and 3 year old to "help" you cook after you have already cleaned the kitchen...and then having to clean it all over again.
- Deciding whether the clothing battle with kids is worth it or just giving up so we can be on time
- Wondering how the kids can wake up earlier than me and still not need a nap when I am sleep walking around the house
- Always thinking about sleep...how much I don't have and looking forward to the next time I get to sleep like it's dessert or something
- Having dessert EVERY night because "I deserve it"
- After dinner and clean up and bed, taking a nap while the pie bakes from 9pm-10pm so I will have enough energy to eat it (and spend more time with the hubby before the next daily cycle)
- Knowing that every day is God given and to be appreciated but sometimes it feels like I am in the movie Ground Hogs Day as everything seems like the day before
- Keeping a file of great craft ideas, cooking ideas, decorating ideas and then never looking at them again
- Always deciding to have a meal plan and all my grocery shopping done for the week....and then never doing it
- Continuing to give my 2 year old gum when she asks even though we have had several swallowing and sticky incidents
- Giving my kids mac n cheese, yogurt, gum and chapstick - after my husbands pleads with me not to because of the always constant mess they tend to make with these items
- Waiting until I am driving in the car to talk on the phone and have a "good conversation" - to which I think....this makes parents the worst drivers in the world...talking on the phone, screams in the background, music, videos, snacks to dole out and picking up dropped toys while trying to "focus" on driving
- Always thinking about the next step...when will she roll over, sit up, eat by herself, walk, be potty trained, read...when I should be thinking and appreciating the present
- Saving all my projects for the end of the day because I can't accomplish them during the day but.... choosing to chill with my hubby on the couch and watch a movie instead :)
- Not pacing myself. I take advantage of the "energetic days" by trying to do it all...workout, grocery shop and cook, do crafts, have playdates etc. and then I am worthless the days to follow because I am sore, tired and overworked.
- Realizing that even the parental complaints are overshadowed by a sweet little prayer before a meal from a kid that can barely talk and yet is blushing to be in the spotlight... "Tank u God for Mommy, Daddy, Logie and Me. Amen"
No comments:
Post a Comment