Some days I feel more like I am in an episode of I Love Lucy when all I really want to be is on Little House on the Prairie. Yesterday was one of those days. This will sound like I am complaining but honestly, this is just the way it was so take it for what it is.
Josie woke up yesterday morning at 3am. I went to try and plug her with the passy and then came back downstairs. If you know me well enough to hear about my knees....the nighttime is the worst and going up the stairs in the wee hours after no "warm up" is painful. If Kirk is awake he usually goes upstairs for me but he was super tired and had only been asleep for a few hours himself. This is another reason why Josie was in a crib in our room until she was 5 months old (avoidance of stairs in the middle of the night). So, the passy didn't work and she was hungry. Her and I fell asleep in the guest bed. She moves and kicks me in the back so that is fun.
Apparantly, the older girls got up and didn't know I was up there and went downstairs to wake up dad. Mind you, it is barely 6am at this point and still dark. My hubby doesn't wake me up out of being nice so I stumble downstairs when I hear people (7:30am). Breakfast has already been made for them and I have some cold left over eggs on the pan. I eat that and wonder what else should go with it since I found out I have a gluten allergy (no bread). I hate thinking about food this much. If I don't eat regularly as well, I get very shakey from low blood sugar.
After making lunches, eating breakfast and getting the kids dressed it is now 8:30 and the girls are supposed to be at school at 9 (and I still haven't showered). Kirk laughs and wonders how I am going to make it there on time. I laugh back and tell him to "watch me do it". Now, if it was just ME getting ready, I would be fine. Everyday I tend to forget how picky my girls are getting with their clothing choices, shoes, hair etc, etc. So, I am dressed and ready and Logan has decided what she wants to wear (which is in the laundry). I fish that out. Lilly then wants to match. I fish again. Logan wants her hair in a bun. A low bun at the nape of her neck with water on it to wet it down and keep it in place. I did it wrong, so I have to do it again (it wasn't low enough). Then her and Lilly want to stand on my tub to see themselves in the mirror and then go upstairs and show dad how they are so pretty (they are - but we are now late for school). I tell the girls to put their shoes on while I get Josie and put her in the car seat. Josie is awake with a dirty diaper and is now hungry....we are going to arrive even later to school. After that, I come downstairs only to discover Lilly has taken leaves and crushed them in her hands all over the floor. In this situation I really don't know what to do. I could scold her and pick it up myself later. I could also scold her and force her to pick it up now. I made her pick it up and throw it all away before we went to the car. While walking to the car I realize it is garbage day. Pack the kids in the car and go get the garbage and the can to wheel down. We finally make it to school.
I then head to the grocery store ($250 later and Kirk asked me what I got there). The road going home was blocked so I ventured a different way and ended up at a home goods store. I went there to return some drapes. I forgot the reciept. They don't accept returns without the receipt. Since I was there I looked around. $300 later I left. When I got home I realized everything needed to be returned. It either didn't fit or I got the wrong thing (table cloth instead of table runner etc). I hope I remember to keep the reciept and BRING it next time. This store is like 45 minutes away and I am tired of going there.
Get the kids, play and then start on dinner at 3:30. Dinner isn't eaten until 6:30pm. I made a new recipe and it took FOREVER. Lentil walnut burgers that didn't hold form to even put on a bun. Oh yeah, forgot to get buns at the store. So, Kirk and I had it over a salad and the girls ate the remaining bun. I was so tired of chopping and cooking and standing and failing at this meal that I didn't even want to eat it. Kirk talked me off the ledge and told me it was really good ( I had already thrown the recipe away and had to retrieve it from the garbage after he said that).
Messy kitchen and tired kids. Kirk and I decide one will make dessert and the other will put the kids to be and we will watch a movie. At 9:30pm we start the movie. The kids always pull me in when I put them to bed and I take forever getting them down. Kirk was helping me clean up dinner so I made the dessert. We were waiting on dessert to start the movie. Dessert was another "gluten free creation". It was supposed to be something like chocolate chip bars. They burned and would have tasted awful even if they weren't. Glad we waited so long for that. Kirk had raisin toast and I had icecream. We watched a very terrible movie with great scenary (Letters to Juliet). The best part was after that and the 15min rerun clip of The Office. That show is halarious.
So, I went to bed around 11:45pm. Kirk worked. Josie woke up around 1am hungry. Kirk came to bed around 1:45 and took her back upstairs. 5:30am she wakes up again and I go in there to "passy her up" and Lilly is in her room watching her in her crib. SERIOUSLY?! So, it is 7am and Lilly has been awake since 5:30. So that is how today is going to start.......
I am not complaining, I am just saying.......
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment